Šis augalas Lietuvoje neauga, todėl aprašymas pateikiamas tik anglų kalba.
Pyracantha crenulata or Crataegus Crenulata is a species of Firethorn. It is cultivated as an ornamental plant.
The leaves are used to make herbal tea. The wood can be used to make walking sticks.
It makes an excellent hedge, grows very quickly and will thrive in most soils.
Thousands of beautiful red edible berries remains on for a very long time till the middle of winter when picked by birds.
Gentis - Crataegus Pyracantha
Rūšis - Crenulata
Pavadinimas - Himalayan Hawthorn
Spec. paruošimas - Būtinas
Klimato zonos - 7 - 9
Aukštis - 20' / 6 m
Augalo tipas - Shrub or Small Tree
Vegetacijos tipas - Evergreen
Augimo vieta - Full Sun, Partial Sun, Partial Shade
Augimo greitis - Vidutinis
Dirvos PH - Acidic, Neutral, Alkaline
Dirvos tipas - Clay, Loam, Sand
Drėgmės poreikis - Average Water
Naudojimas / paskirtis - Hedge, decorative
Žydėjimo laikas - May - July
Lapų / žiedų spalva - Dark Green / --
1. Wrap the hawthorn seeds in a moistened paper towel. Place the paper towel inside a sealable plastic bag. Store the seeds this way for 90 days inside a refrigerator to cold-stratify them.
2. Fill a 1-gallon plastic pot with a mixture of equal measures potting soil and compost. Sow two hawthorn seeds in the pot to a depth of 1/4 inch. Water the pot to a depth of 1 inch.
3. Place the pot outdoors, either against a south-facing wall or in a cold frame, where they will be exposed to normal outdoor temperature fluctuations and precipitation.
4. Water the hawthorn seeds only during extended periods of dry weather to keep the soil moist, at a depth of 1 inch. Avoid overwatering the hawthorn seeds since they might rot.
5. Check the pot periodically to ensure no birds or rodents have taken the hawthorn seeds. Place mesh over the top of the pot if it appears that creatures are foraging for the seeds.
6. Watch for signs of germination starting 18 months after sowing. Thin the hawthorn seedlings once they reach 2 inches in height. Remove the less vigorous of the two seedlings.
7. Keep the hawthorn seedling in the pot with evenly moist soil until it reaches 12 inches in height, then plant it in a permanent bed with partial sun. (source: eHow.com)